ANNOUNCEMENT: We are releasing a new accessary for supporting controllers or inverters long distance remote control, thanks for your patient.
INFORMATION: We have tested the web firmware, it will be updated successfully by following the listed instructions carefully, also we achieved long distance remote control by opening ports (require basic IT skills), but each country with different Telecom company will provide different ports, which means we cannot support a specific instruction of long distance remote control, customers must find out how to set it up by themselves.
IMPORTANT: The eBox-WiFi-01 device is made for home-use (about 15m² available range), which means it suppose not to support long distance remote control, but some of our DIY customers who found out they can achieve the long distance remote control by enable the STA mode of the device, this mode was removed due to the instability of connection, we decide to release it again because there are customers who willing to take the risk for using. We don't recommend the firmware update, and EPEVER will not be liable for any danger, loss, or damage caused by the update.
Solar System (Any EPEVER product that supports RS485 feature), eBox-WiFi-01, Ethernet Patch Cable (Two sides with same pairs), A Computer with WiFi feature.
Ethernet Patch Cable Pairs Example:
1. Power on the solar system
2. Connect the Ethernet Patch Cable to Solar system
3. Connect the other side of the Ethernet Patch Cable to eBox-WiFi, the green power light will be on
4. Search for the eBox-WiFi-01_XXXXXX via PC WiFi
5. Connect to the eBox-WiFi-01_XXXXXX (It may take a while for authorization)
6. If connected successfully, the eBox-WiFi green link light will be on
7. Open up a browser and enter the link http://188.8.131.52/upload.shtml
8. Log in to the system
9. Click on “Choose File” under “web升级” section (IMPORTANT: do NOT click “Choose File” from the top section, if you uploaded the firmware from the top section, it will break your device)
10. Select the file LSD_webServer_1120.bin that you downloaded from the attachment (Bottom of this page)
11. Click on “开始升级” in the bottom section
12. Wait for the message “success, go to index”
13. Restart the eBox-WiFi (Unplug the Ethernet Cable from eBox-WiFi, then plug back in)
14. Search and connect to the eBox-WiFi via PC (same as step 5 and step 6)
15. Open up the browser again, go to a new tab and enter the link http://184.108.40.206/
16. Log in to the account
17. Check the web version on the top right corner, if it’s (V2.00_50008), you have successfully updated the web firmware
18. Go to “Mode Setting”, next to the “Mode Select”, change the mode to “STA Mode”, click on “save”, then you are all set